Piccolo Organic First Infant Milk From Birth Stage 1 is nutritionally tailored for babies who are combination feeding or not being breastfed. Developed by a team of experts with over 35 years of experience in infant nutrition to help support parents with feeding, and babies with growing.
Key features of Piccolo Organic First Infant Milk From Birth Stage 1
Nutritionally Complete Breastmilk Substitute**
Packaging made from recyclable steel
Contains Only Certified Organic Milk
Does not contain Palm Oil
How to use
Storage & Usage
How to Use this Pack
1. To open: remove tamper evidence strip and lift lid
2. Click the lid securely shut to keep your powder fresh
3. In the pack is a scoop and leveller to help you measure the correct amount of powder
4. Store your scoop on the inside of the lid rim
How to Open and Prepare your infant milk
Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
1. Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Boil 1 litre of water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure the amount of required water (see feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
3. Using only the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide), levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store the scope in suspension inside the can and replace lid.
4. Add the correct measure of powder to the water. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well until the powder is fully dissolved.
5. Cool bottle under running tap water until lukewarm, do not immerse the teat. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist. Feed immediately.
Your baby may need more or less than shown in the table below, which is provided as a guide. Consult your healthcare professional if you require more advice.
Remember to feed your baby on demand. Mix 1 scoop of powder to 30ml (approx. 1 fl. oz) of water.
IMPORTANT: Always use the scoop provided.
Approx. age: Up to 2 weeks; Approx. weight: 3.5kg, 7 3/4lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 6; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.4g): 3; Single Feed: 90ml, 3fl oz.
Approx. age: 2-4 weeks; Approx. weight: 3.9kg, 8 1/2lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 6; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.4g): 3; Single Feed: 90ml, 3fl oz.
Approx. age: 4-8 weeks; Approx. weight: 4.7kg, 10 1/2lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 6; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.4g): 4; Single Feed: 120ml, 4fl oz.
Approx. age: 8-12 weeks; Approx. weight: 5.4kg, 12lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.4g): 5; Single Feed: 150ml, 5fl oz.
Approx. age: 3-4 months; Approx. weight: 6.2kg, 13 3/4lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.4g):6; Single Feed: 180ml, 6fl oz.
Approx. age: 4-5 months; Approx. weight: 6.9kg, 15 1/4lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 4; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.4g): 7; Single Feed: 210ml, 7fl oz.
Approx. age: 5-6 months; Approx. weight: 7.6kg, 16 3/4lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 4; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.4g): 7; Single Feed: 210ml, 7fl oz.
Hazards and Cautions
Important feeding and storage advice
For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds. Make up feeds as required and always discard unfinished feeds within 2 hours. Do not add extra powder or water to make feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill. For older babies, made up formulae can be added to food. Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed. Do not heat in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding. Remember, cows’ milk should not be used as a drink during the first year. Use within 4 weeks of opening and store in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
Demineralized Whey*(Milk), Vegetable Oils* (High Oleic Sunflower Oil*, Rapeseed Oil*, Sunflower Oil*), Maltodextrin*, Milk Permeate*, Milk Proteins*, Galacto-Oligosaccharides (Milk)*, Minerals (Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Citrate, Magnesium Sulphate, Sodium Choloride, Potassium Phosphate, Zinc Sulphate, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Copper Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite), Fish Oil, Fructo-Oligosaccharides*, Choline Bitartrate, Vegetable Oil From Mortierella Alpina, Emulsifier: Lecithin*, Vitamins (C, E, A, PP, D3, B5, B12, B1, K1, B6, B2, B9, B8), L-Tyrosine, L-Tryptophan, Inositol, Antioxidant: Tocopherols Rich Extract, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. *Ingredients From Organic Farming.
<< Poly-Unsaturated Fatty Acids (Ara And Dha) Are Added In The Formula. Therefore The Formula Can Have A Slight Fishy Note>> May Contain Soya.